I figured I should post this here so it could be easily accessed and not get lost. If anyone makes changes/additions to this could they be in red and send me a copy to my e-mail so I can keep my home folder updated? E-mail: email@example.com
CHARACTER JOB CHOICES:
(Leader could be any one of the following):
Medic/Physician: (oldest 62 yrs old) heavy drinker/smoker, major hot-head, brash in action, comic relief
Negotiator/Anthropologist/Communications expert: (30 yrs old) Visorian newbie, genuine, peacekeeper even though the rest of the crew is weary of him/her (I’m thinking him for leader?)
Architect/Mechanic/Engineer: (45 yrs old) the big softie of the group (literally-hoping he’s the biggest of the group), always thinking architecturally, quick to defend
Botanist/Scientist: (27 years old) brother of the scientist duo (younger twin), complainer of the group, did not full-heartedly agree to explore this unknown planet, has been on the most planet expeditions, vegetarian
Agriculturalist/Scientist: (27 years old) the sister of the scientist duo (older twin), cook of the group, pleasant to most accept those that offend her (holds grudges), very loud and sarcastic to her brother (argue a lot about how a planet should be run)
Military/Trained Navigator and Weapons Expert: (34 yrs old) Very quiet, easily amused, never complains, hard to anger, apathetic to decisions
Visorian Counsel: Highest authorities on the ships “Resurgent” and “Renaissance”. There are 12 members on each ship. They make the important decisions for how each ship should be run. The 2 counsels unusually act together.
Conversen: Symbiotic, shapeshifting, ghost-like aliens looking to take over other planets. They are very social creatures, but they are cannibals and violent to their own kind also. They take over other species to survive because they are stronger when in one host, but can also spread into multiple bodies. When multiple bodies are taken over, a hive mentality is created to serve the Conversen. Yet, a Conversen is weakened by spreading its entity over multiple bodies; once it has taken over its maximum amount of bodies (usually 10-15), it is at its weakest. They have obscure bodies, with many points that must be destroyed on their bodies to be killed (like a worm can survive after being cut into sections).
• (2057 A.D.)With mankind’s overpopulation becoming an increasing threat to their future, socially and economically, the United Nations proposed “Project Golden Ark”. This project funded the creation of the “Resurgent” and the “Renaissance”, spaceships made to explore the farthest regions of space while transporting enough food, animals, plants, and supplies to created another habitable planet.
• The ship the story follows is the “Resurgent”- it is controlled and governed by the Visorians, a small group of appointed leaders that run the ship and control all major actions that take place in the exploration for a “new earth”.
• Many opportunities and attempts at finding a suitable place to inhabit have been made, but the native people of the past planets have prevented success.
• (2064 A.D.) The “Renaissance” was reported to have landed on an unidentified planet that they deemed habitable, but were attacked shortly after and massacred by the inhabitants of the land. After this event, the “Resurgent” no longer landed on any planet, but sent small explorer groups to collect data to present to the Visorians.
• (2073 A.D.) The “Resurgent” is making its way to a fueling cell. Upon surveying the scanners, a navigator detects a planet that the ship reads as viable. With the backing of an Agriculturalist, he meets with the Visorians and petitions the exploration of the planet. The counsel debates that the planet was passed up previously because of barren portions of the land that were created due to frequent meteor showers. The navigator pleads for just a short two week exploration, which is almost declined, until the newest member of the Visorians offers to be a part of the expedition. It is agreed that the inspection of the planet can take place, but the “Resurgent” will have to leave them there with no communication for two full weeks while they refuel at a fueling cell.
• A team of 6 (tentatively) dedicated and curious to exploration of the planet, are sent to there in a small trolley ship.
• When they land (on a large barren area hit by meteors), they find technology and signs of life; abandoned camps and strange writing. (NOTE: They discover the planet has air similar to earth’s.)
• For hours they explore the planet and catalogue the data until the Doctor falls into an unseen trap that offsets the explorers being attacked by raiding _(insert race name_ (nasty creatures).
• While being dragged through the barren area, another alien group attacks the explorers’ captors and kills the hostile aliens swiftly.
• The group is now captured by the _(insert race name)_ that turn out to be a friendly alien people who have learned bits of English to the explorers surprise. They soon discover from the aliens that the planet is populated by dozens of different aliens trying to colonize the planet, of which not many groups get along, and the world is a war zone. They tell them that their home planet was raided by “masked demons” and they were forced to this exile planet, while the rest of their people were slaughtered. The group asks them how they learned English, and the aliens tell them there is another group of humans on the planet.
• The team is in awe that the group of humans may possibly be the survivors of the “Renaissance”.
• The aliens tell them how to find the human group, but also they tell them they cannot go because there are far worse things on the path ahead.
• The crew is forced to leave the Doctor, whose leg is broken, in the care of the __________; they promised to return after they find the “Renaissance” group.
• (filler for journey will be determined by alien people and environments)
• When finally reaching the crashed ship of the “Renaissance”, the people are hostile towards the explorers, unsure whether or not to trust them. They explain that the “Resurgent” Visorians had been secretly paid off to enslave planets for certain wealthy countries to inhabit. When the “Renaissance” discovered the foul play, they were shot down and left on the planet of exile to die.
• The explorers are appalled by their counsel and the accompanying Visorian swears he knew nothing of the events. They convince the crew of the “Renaissance” to return with them to the “Resurgent” and bring the Visorian Counsel to justice.
• They return to the barren wasteland to find their ship has been torn apart for spare parts by other aliens.
• “Resurgent” makes contact with explorers for pickup. They tell them they found survivors of “Renaissance” and lie about what they know of their ships crash. Since their ship is immobile, they request another ship for their return.
• When the ship arrives, one of the members of the explorer groups turns on the rest, revealing he is a mole sent by the Visorian. The Visorians were afraid the “Renaissance” crew would still be alive and the explorers would find out the truth so they planted a spy in the group just in case to collect the data on the planet. The true purpose of the planet was a melting pot created by the Visorians that would be used in the future for slave labor.
• The Visorian Guard (private military force) emerges from the pick-up ship, ready to finish the explorers and “Renaissance” crew. Suddenly, he Doctor give the signal and the Guard swarmed and taken out quickly by the _insert alien races_ . The explorers promise to stop the Visorians from going through with their plans and to return their planets back to them.
• They return to the ship and the young Visorian slips into the communications center; meanwhile the rest, dressed in the Guard uniforms, report to the Visorian Counsel to capture them.
• The young Visorian calls an emergency transmission meeting to the United Nations and explains everything (on loud speakers to the entire ship as well) that the Visorians have been secretly carrying out over the years. One of the Visorians angrily shouts out extreme frustration of how if the United Nations had never appointed another Visorian, things would have gone according to plan.
• The young Visorian returns just in time for the ranting elder Visorian to reveal he/she is more than meets the eye, as a Conversen (symbiotic, shape shifting ghost) alien departs from its host, and the Visorian counsel drops to the floor unconscious. The Conversen had been using its hive-like ghosting ability to control the counsel in order to sanction the taking over of planets for wealthy nations so that later on the Conversen aliens would have new lands and new hosts to become the most powerful aliens. A Conversen is weakened by spreading its entity over multiple bodies; this one had reached its maximum ability, and this is why it was unable to take over the new Visorian.
• A battle ensues, in which the only way to defeat the Conversen is to destroy certain points on its body (like a worm).
• (2075 A.D.) Aliens are granted return to their planets and the civil aliens become allies of earth. Humans are able to transform the slave planet into a feasible environment suitable for all areas the explorer group represented.